Makes 4 Shashliks
This mix of mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes and onions, marinated in Tikka Marinade and grilled makes a fresh-tasting starter or you can double up the portion for tasty main dish. The trick is cook the Vegetable Shashliks just enough so they soften and the edges are charred.
What you need…
• 1 recipe Tikka Marinade (omit the water)
• 16 thick slices or chunks of mushroom
• 12 chunks of red pepper, about 3cm square (stab them a few times as this absorbs the marinade better)
• 12 chunks of green or yellow pepper, about 3cm square (stab them a few times as this absorbs the marinade better)
• 1 tomato, cut into 8 segments (stab them a few times as this absorbs the marinade better)
• Half an onion cut into chunks
Chef Akila’s Chicken Lover’s Curry Box
from Chef Akila, West Yorkshire
Includes 4 Chicken Curries and 2 slow-cooked Chicken Biryanis.
• Village Chicken Curry (640g, Serves 2)
• Goan Chicken Curry (640g, Serves 2)
• Delhi Butter Chicken (640g, Serves 2)
• Chettinad Chicken Curry (640g, Serves 2)
• Mum’s Chicken Biryani (550g, Serves 2)
• Kerala Fried Chicken Biryani (550g, Serves 2)
How to make it…
1. Slide the pieces, alternately, onto a skewer.
2. Coat all the pieces generously in Tikka Marinade. Leave for 30 minutes.
3. Grill the Shashliks, turning a couple of times, until they soften and start to char on the edges (about 15 minutes).
4. Serve with Mint Yoghurt Sauce.
If you like this you should try our…Why do stupid evil guys never climb hills? Because they don’t want to be a High, der, Baddie.
Sag Paneer • Chilli Paneer • Butter Chicken • Butter Paneer • Prawn Korma • Medium Chicken Curry • Chicken Madras • Chicken Vindaloo • Chicken Bhoona • Chicken Dopiaza