Serves 4 as a main dish
The Phall is the hottest curry you’ll find in most restaurants and many do not even put it on their menu. Prawn Phall is great because the shellfish really soaks up the hot juices. Well, you wanted hot didn’t you?
What you need…
• Small knob of butter
• 800g prawns, shelled and deveined
• 2 Tablespoons ghee
• 1 Tablespoon black peppercorns
• 3 dried red chillies
• 1 teaspoon garlic paste
• 600ml Base Curry Sauce
• 2 Tablespoons tomato ketchup
• 1 Tablespoon garam masala
• Salt to taste
• 1 Tablespoon mild curry powder
• 2 Tablespoons chopped chilli pickle
• 4 teaspoons chilli powder
Anila’s Sauces Hot Curry Extra (Pack of 6)
from Anila’s Authentic Sauces, Walton-on-Thames
Includes 6 Curry Sauces:
• 2 Spicy Medium Curry (Madras-style, 300g)
• 2 Hot Methi (Fenugreek, 300g)
• 2 Spicy Hot Curry (Vindaloo-style, 300g)
How to make it…
1. Heat the butter to a medium heat. While it is heating up mix the Spice Mix with the vinegar and enough water to form a sloppy paste.
2. Add the prawns to the butter and stir fry until they are pink. This should take about 2 minutes. Remove the prawns from the pan and set aside.
3. Heat the ghee to a high heat. While it is heating up mix the Spice Mix with enough water to form a sloppy paste.
4. Add the peppercorns and chillies and fry for 15 seconds. They should sizzle immediately. You can test the ghee is hot enough by adding one peppercorn.
5. Add the garlic paste and cook for 1 minute on a lower heat. You may have to remove the pan from the heat initially to stop the paste burning. (If it burns then throw it away and start again.)
6. Add the Spice Mix and cook for 2 minutes. It should now be thick and gloopy.
7. Add the Base Curry Sauce and the tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Add the garam masala, salt and cook for 5 minutes.
9. Add the prawns and continue cooking until they are warmed though and fully cooked (about 3–4 minutes)..
If you like this you should try our…Heard someone they can eat these easily? It’s a phallacy.
Sag Paneer • Chilli Paneer • Butter Chicken • Butter Paneer • Prawn Korma • Medium Chicken Curry • Chicken Madras • Chicken Vindaloo • Chicken Bhoona • Chicken Dopiaza • Ambot Tik
Curry on Cooking No Frills Jalfrezi 6 Pack£19.95
Curry on Cooking Some Like it Hot! (4 Curry Kits)£15.00
Anila’s Sauces Hot Curry Extra (Pack of 6)£28.50
Anila’s Sauces Hot Curry (Pack of 3)£14.25
Baj’s Blazin’ Sauce Hot Selection Plus (Pack of 3)£14.25
Baj’s Blazin’ Sauce Hot Selection (Pack of 2)£9.50