• 1 cup basmati rice
• 1tbs groundnut oil
• 1tsp cumin seeds.
• 1 large clove garlic crushed
• 1/2 inch ginger grated
• 1 medium onion chopped into small pieces
• 1 stick cinnamon
• 10/15 closed cap mushrooms
• 1/4tsp tumeric
• 1/4tsp salt
• 3 cups water
1. Wash the basmati rice until water comes out clean. Soak rice in cold water for half an hour.
2. Warm the oil in a pan over medium heat.
3. Add the cumin seeds and wait for them to sizzle then throw in the garlic and ginger. Let it cook for 1 min.
4. Add cinnamon stick.
5. Add onions and cook until they start to go brown at edges
6. Add rice and make sure it is fully coated with onion/oil mix.
7. Add salt and tumeric and stir well.
8. Add mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes continually stirring so rice does not stick to the pan.
9. Add the water. Bring to the boil and then simmer until water is absorbed.
10. Check the rice is fully cooked, if not then add a bit more water and simmer.
Courtesy of Plummy Mummy