Recipe… Sea Bream in Spicy Batter
Posted On RCC
Sea Bream in Spicy Batter
for 2 pieces of fish
What you need
• x 2 pieces of sea bream about 200g each 10 tsp cooking oil
• 125g plain flour
• 250g any beer
• 1/2 tsp turmeric
• 1/2 tsp cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
How you cook it
1. Mixed flour, beer, spices and salt until the mix is thick but still workable.
2. Dry the fish using a paper towel (do not remove the skin from the fish).
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan to a high heat. Make sure the whole of the pan is covered fully with oil.
4. Coat the fish generously in the batter mix and drop into the oil skin side down first. Be very careful of the spitting hot fat.
5. Cook until the batter is crispy and fish cooked through. This will be about 3–5 minutes on the skin side and 3–4 minutes on the other side depending on the thickness of the fillet.
6. Drain off excess fat and serve with chips or salad.