Serves 4 as a side dish
A simple dish for mushroom lovers who love a bit of spice in their side dishes. Just add the mushrooms to a little Base Curry Sauce, add plenty of garlic and chilli for this dryish dish.
What you need…
• 2 Tablespoons butter
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 6 garlic cloves, sliced
• 3 green chillies (2 chopped and once sliced lengthways for garnish)
• 600g mushrooms, washed and sliced
• 50g Base Curry Sauce (more if you like more sauce)
• Small handful coriander, chopped
• Salt, to taste
• 1 teaspoon garam masala
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• 0.5 teaspoon turmeric
How to make it…
1. Heat the butter to a low-medium heat. While it is heating mix the Spice Mix with enough water to form a sloppy paste.
2. Fry the mushrooms until they soften (about 4–5 minutes). Set aside.
3. Drain all the remaining butter from the mushrooms into the pan and add the oil. Heat to a medium heat and fry the garlic for 1 minute.
4. Add the chillies and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the Spice Mix and chilli, and cook for 2 minutes. It should now be thick and gloopy.
6. Add the Base Curry Sauce and coriander, and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add the mushrooms and salt and heat through until the mushrooms are fully cooked and soft.
If you like this you should try our…
Ambot Tik • Chilli Chicken • Chilli Paneer • Butter Chicken • Medium Chicken Curry • Chicken Madras • Chicken Vindaloo Restaurant-style) • Chicken Bhoona • Chicken Recheade
Check out 5 Best Goa CurriesThe perfect dish for warding off vampires!