Serves 4 as a main dish
Punjabis love their spicy meat dishes. These lamb koftas are mixed with ground whole spices and garlic then soaked in marinade and cooked in the moreish masala sauce to create the meaty and creamy favourite Tikka Kofta Masala.
What you need…
• 600g lamb mince
• 2 teaspoons garlic paste
• 1 recipe Tikka Marinade
• 1 Tablespoon oil
• 240ml Base Curry Sauce
• 1 Tablespoon tomato paste (or ketchup)
• 3 Tablespoons yoghurt
• Small handful coriander leaves, chopped
• 0.5 teaspoon turmeric
• 2 Green chillies, chopped
• Salt to taste
• 2 Tablespoons cream
• 10 black peppercorns
• 2 green cardamons
• 6cm piece cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon crushed chilli flakes
• 1 teaspoon garam masala
• 1 teaspoon salt
How to make it…
1. Grind the Kofta Mix to a powder. Add the garlic and mix thoroughly with the mince. Form the mixture into 12 even-sized balls.
2. Add the koftas to the Tikka Marinade making sure they are all covered. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oven to 160 C. Remove the koftas from the marinade, shake off the excess marinade and cook on a baking tray for 25 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a pan to a medium heat, add the Base Curry Sauce, leftover Tikka Marinade, tomato paste, yoghurt and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add the coriander leaves (keep a few aside for the garnish), turmeric, chillies and salt, and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the koftas, making sure they are all covered with the sauce and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Turn down the heat, add the cream and mix well, being careful not to break up the koftas and cook until the koftas are all cooked through (about 5 minutes).
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
If you like this you should try our…What’s the best social media site to show off this dish? Tikka Tok.
Sag Paneer • Chilli Paneer • Butter Chicken • Butter Paneer • Prawn Korma • Medium Chicken Curry • Chicken Madras • Chicken Vindaloo • Chicken Bhoona • Chicken Dopiaza • Ambot Tik
Curry on Cooking No Frills Jalfrezi 6 Pack£19.95
Curry on Cooking Some Like it Hot! (4 Curry Kits)£15.00
Anila’s Sauces Hot Curry Extra (Pack of 6)£28.50
Anila’s Sauces Hot Curry (Pack of 3)£14.25
Baj’s Blazin’ Sauce Hot Selection Plus (Pack of 3)£14.25
Baj’s Blazin’ Sauce Hot Selection (Pack of 2)£9.50