Serves 4 as a starter
So popular is Chicken Tikka that you can now find it in everything from sandwiches to pastas and wraps to pizzas. But still nothing beats a beautifully cooked chicken, served with crunchy salads and your favourite chutneys and pickles.
What you need…
• 400g chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
• juice of 1 lemon
• 0.5 recipe of Tikka Marinade
How to make it…
1. Squeeze the lemon over the chicken, rub it in well and leave for 15 minutes. This will degrease the chicken and also helps the chicken absorb the marinade.
2. Shake off the excess lemon and coat the pieces in the Tikka Marinade. Leave for at least 15 minutes but preferably 24–48 hours.
3. Preheat your oven to 170 C. Place the pieces on a baking tray, ensuring all the pieces are kept well apart and cook for 15 minutes, turning once. Check one of the largest pieces to ensure it’s cooked. If not return to the oven.
4. Serve with salads, chutneys and pickles.