Serves 4 as a side dish
Potato is the all-time favourite for side dishes and the colour and pop-in-the-mouth of peas makes them perfect partners in Aloo Muttar. It’s very simple to make with cooked potato pieces added to some Base Curry Sauce and spices and finished off with a decent cup of peas.
What you need…
• 400g potato, cut into 5cm chunks
• 2 Tablespoons ghee
• 1 teaspoon garlic paste
• 1 teaspoon ginger paste
• 200g peas (fresh or frozen)
• 160g Base Curry Sauce
• salt, to taste
• few coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
• 0.5 teaspoon turmeric
• 0.5 teaspoon chilli powder
• 1 teaspoon garam masala
How to make it…
1. Peel the potatoes, cut into 5cm chunks and boil until cooked. While they are cooking mix the Spice Mix with enough water to form a sloppy paste.
2. Heat the ghee to a medium heat. Add the garlic paste and ginger paste and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the Spice Mix paste and cook for 2 minutes. It should now be thick and gloopy.
4. Add the Base Curry Sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the peas and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add the salt and potatoes, mix carefully so as not to break the potatoes, and cook until heated through.
7. Serve, with (optional) coriander leaves.
If you like this you should try our…What’s a pea’s favourite song? … Nothing Else Muttars.
Sag Paneer • Sag Mushrooms • Chilli Paneer • Butter Chicken • Butter Paneer • Prawn Korma • Medium Chicken Curry • Chicken Madras • Chicken Vindaloo • Chicken Bhoona • Chicken Dopiaza • Mushroom Bhajee