Serves 4 as a side dish
This Indo-Chinese Rice combines the best of Indian and Chinese flavours and is excellent with Indo-Chinese dishes or to add a little extra to dishes such as Aloo Ghobi and Bombay Aloo.
What you need…
• 300g Basmati Rice
• 0.5 teaspoon oil
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped into slivers
• 200g peas
• 1 green chilli, chopped
• 2 Tablespoons soya sauce
• 1 teaspoon vinegar
• 2 spring onions, chopped to garnish (optional)
How you make it…
1. Cook the Basmati Rice and allow to cool.
2. Heat the oil, add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the peas and green chilli and fry for a few seconds. If you are using frozen peas you will need to cook them for a bit longer.
4. Add the soya sauce and vinegar, mix well and fry for 1 minute.
5. Add the rice and stir fry until everything is warmed through.
6. Serve, garnished with the (optional) spring onions.
A range of cooking equipment including masala dabbas, chapati pans and aprons