See how you can do without Google. Answers at top of page where it says Curry quiz!
1. The Hindoostane Coffee House is widely acknowledged as Britain’s first curry house. In what year was it opened? (3pts for exact, 1 pt for within 5 years).
2. The Veeraswamy is Britain’ oldest curry house that is still open. In which famous Monopoly Street is it? (1pt)
3. Sag aloo includes which two main ingredients? (1pt if you get both)
4. Traditionally cooked with pork, what is Goa’s most famous dish? (1pt)
5. There are more than 13,000 curry houses in Britain? True or false? (1pt)
6. A Mongoose is particularly famous for fighting which snake? (1pt)
7. According to the British Curry Club what is the nation’s favorite curry? (1pt)
8. It was National Curry Week last week and they held a Poppadom Tower competition. How many poppadoms were piled high to create the record. (3pts for within 10, 1 pt for within 50).
9. The hottest curry in Britain is said to be the Rupali. In which city will you find it? (2pts)
10. Indian restaurants in Britain serve more than 2 million people every week. True or false? (1pt)